How do I remove DRM from a .wmv file?
I have recently purchased a movie and I downloaded it to my PC. The movie is a great movie and my sister asked if I could put it on her mp3 player. The thing is, I know from the website that the movie will have DRM. Can I remove the DRM?
I mean I purchased the movie legally. I really don’t think DRM was meant for consumers like me. I already know how to convert the file type and transfer it to her mp3 player, I just don’t know how to remove the DRM from the file. I have heard of many programs, but I have no idea which one to use. Has anybody used any of the programs and if so which is the best?
If you have downloaded or bought some DRM protected WMV videos from online store, you could find that these WMV videos can not be shared with family and friends or burn to DVD for backup, not even played on other Media devices excerpt Windows Media Player. To resolve this problem, the only way is to remove DRM from WMV files.
By stripping DRM from WMV, you can play WMV video file without obtaining a license from the digital rights management server. Then in this article, I’ll introduce several solutions of removing DRM from WMV files.
Solution 1: DRM Media Converter ($39.95)
DRM Media Converter is the best solution for removing DRM from WMV format movie. It is not only a DRM remover but also a video and audio converter to convert DRM locked audio & video files including WMA, WAV, WMV, M4A, M4P, M4V, AAC, M4B into common formats.
Download DRM WMV Converter and start cracking DRM WMV video
- Click "Add" button to import files to this media converter.
- Click "settings" to customize the parameters for output audio and video
- Stat converting the selected WMV files into unprotected. The files on the list will be automatically converted one by one after you click Start button. If you convert files that bought from iTunes Store, you need to do some setting as the image shows.
Solution 2: Aimersoft Video Converter Ultimate
Aimersoft Video Converter Ultimate is an all-in-one solution for removing DRM protection, converting video and audio files, ripping DVD to common formats, creating DVD with menu, downloading videos from 1000+ sites, play and edit any video, audio.
So, if you want to convert both DRM-ed and DRM-free videos and want to edit your DRM-free videos, and even burn WMV movie to DVD, you can use this powerful all-in-one video and DVD solution.
- Convert video to common standard and high definition videos;
- Remove DRM protection from WMV WMA, iTunes M4P M4A M4V AAC M4B ASF;
- Rip DVD movies to common video/audio files;
- Download online videos (YouTube video, Metacafe video, Google video, etc.);
- Directly transfer songs & video to portable players like iPod, iPhone, iPad, PSP, etc;
- Extract audio from videos as MP3, WMA, OGG, WAV, M4A, etc;
- Edit videos by splitting, clipping, cropping, merging, etc.
- Burn files to DVD disc, DVD folder or ISO files;
- Install and run this DRM WMV Converter, follow the configuration wizard step-by-step to config the sound card and high-speed digital recording.
- Select the output audio and video formats you like.
- Click "Add" button or drag WMV file(s) that you’d like to remove DRM protection to the main interface. Record to unprotected WMV, MP4, AVI or other formats by clicking "GO" button.
After removing DRM from WMV, you can convert the output files (MP4, WMV, AVI, MPEG, MOV, DivX or other formats) to DVD and Burn DVD movie using using this program.
Solution 3: FairUse4WM(free)
FairUse4WM is the cheapest solution of removing DRM from WMV. It can’t crack DRM license. You must have VALID license files on your hard drive and be able to play the DRM protected files without restrictions. FairUse4WM is intended to be used to make fair-use backups only.
FairUse4WM is a WM/DRM removal program. It’s a GUI version of drmdbg(DRM removal tool). drmdbg doesn’t convert your original Windows Media audio and video files, it just removes DRM header of the media file, so you get lossless conversion of DRM protected media files.
FairUse4WM supports Windows Media Player 9, 10, 11(individualization version up to.3930)
Basic requirements: Only works on individualized DRM file; Requires Windows Media Player 10 or Windows Media Player 11. Won’t work on Windows Media Player 9.
OK! That’s the several solution of removing DRM from WMV files, choose the suitable way of yourself to convert WMV from DRM protected into DRM free files.