How to remove DRM from iTunes music & video M4V, M4P, AAC?
This guide is dedicated to introducing how to remove DRM from iTunes music & videos on Windows and Mac OS X.
We know iunes DRM files include AAC, M4V M4P M4A M4B. You may purchase DRM music, videos, TV Shows from iTunes strore. You can transfer the media to your iPod, iPhone, iPad such Apple's devices. But how can we do to remove DRM from iTunes files and put iTunes music/video on any MP3/MP4 player, even create DVD from iTunes movies?
For Windows user, you can create a CD/DVD from iTunes music/video and then rip CD/DVD to the music and video format you want. Or you can directly strip iTunes DRM protection and convert iTunes music/videos to the formats you want by using iTunes Converter.
For Mac OS users, iMovie is the perfect solution to removing DRM protection from iTunes m4v, m4p, m4b, aac, m4a.
Remove DRM from iTunes music using iTunes + CD-R
- Insert a blank CD/DVD in the drive and open iTunes on your computer.
- Create an iTunes playlist containing your purchased songs.
- Burn your playlist to make an "Audio CD".
- Insert the disc into your CD-ROM drive again. Then you can use iTunes or Windows Media Player to import the music tracks on the burned disc as MP3 files.
Remove DRM from iTunes music & videos using DRM Removal software
iTune Video Converter can remove DRM from iTunes music and videos and convert video & music even HD video in high quality. It supports most DRM video Audio files: WMA/WMV/M4A/ M4B/M4P/M4V/ASF, HD video: M2TS, TP, TRP, TS, AVI. And it has high conversion speed and friendly-use interface it could be a good choice to remove all DRM files.
- Apple iTunes Converter. Install and launch it.
- Load DRM iTunes music and videos
Simply click "Add video" button to load or just using drag-drop iTunes files to the main window directly.
- Remove iTunes DRM protection and convert
From the "Audio files to", or "Video files to" list, select a format according to your needs. And all of the formats are sorted clearly under digital devices’ name. You can also set the output audio and video parameters like Video Zoom, Resolution, Frame Rate, Bit Rate, etc. by clicking "Settings" button.
- Click on "Browse" button to set the destination folder to save the converted DRM-Free music and movies.
- Hit “Start” button to begin convert. The speed is super fast, the quality is amazing. Finally you can enjoy your iTunes music and videos freely whatever players without any limitation.
Remove iTunes DRM on Mac Leopard
- Select the ‘Media’ tab located between ‘Themes’ and ‘Editing’ in the iMovie window. You will notice that the top right portion of the interface now offers a media browser. Select the ‘Audio’ tab and locate the playlist which contains purchased music, or search by artist/title.
- Select the DRM-laden song and drag the file from the media browser into the iMovie timeline where it says “Drag audio here to build your project.”
- In order to export the song, iMovie requires that a visual image be associated with the audio track - iMovie thinks that it is going to be exporting a movie. Simply drag a blank image (or any other image) to the track above the previously imported audio file. Once iMovie has processed the image, select the 'Share…' sub menu item from found inside 'Share' in iMovie's menu bar.
- Ensure that 'Expert Settings' is selected in the "Compress movie for:" drop-down menu. Selecting 'Expert Settings' mode will provide the options to export the file as an audio file. Select the 'Share' button.
In the Save as… dialogue, select "Sound to AIFF" in the Export drop-down menu, Choose an appropriate directory for iMovie to export to, title the file, and select 'Save'. Depending on your machine configuration, iMovie will compress and export the movie project as an audio file in 15-40 seconds.
- Locate the exported AIFF audio file and drag to your iTunes Library. Right-click on the file and select "Convert Selection to AAC". Once completed, 'Get Info' on the new file, edit meta data, add album art, and trash the originally purchased and AIFF audio files from your iTunes library.
What is Drm and iTunes?
iTunes is a versatile music playing program for both Windows and Mac OS. iTunes is also the world’s biggest online music store and distributor of DRM infested music. With it, With this media player, you can also purchase songs/video from online iTunes music store.
DRM ( Digital Rights Management) is a term used to describe procedures which are taken to prevent unauthorized use of the media in question. So, for example, if you have music with DRM purchased from the iTunes store, you will not be able to play them on any media player, other than Apple’s. You will also not be able to convert these files to the MP3 format because Apple, under DRM, doesn’t give you the rights to do so.